The Best Essential Oils for Common Ailments
The Best Essential Oils for Sleep, Headaches, Asthma, Pain Relief & Energy
Sleep or InsomniaUsing calming and relaxing essential oils before bedtime may help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep. Recommended oils to help with insomnia are lavender, roman chamomile, cedarwood, Canadian balsam fir and clary sage. Citrus essential oils can also be found to be calming and assist with relaxation before bedtime. These essential oils can be added to a diffuser before you go to bed, adding a couple drops to a bedtime bath or massaging into your legs and feet before turning in for the night.
HeadachesPeppermint, lavender and ginger can be effective in relieving minor headaches. Apply a diluted oil to the forehead, temples and back of the neck – massage the oil into your skin using gentle circular motions.
Pain ReliefLavender and peppermint essential oils are popular pain relievers for general use, however there are several other essential oils that can be used for specific conditions:
- Chamomile essential oil is effective for treatment of muscle and joint pains;
- Eucalyptus essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that contribute to relief of sinus congestion and muscle injuries;
- Rosemary essential oil can help reduce joint paint and muscle soreness.
- Clove essential oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Sage reduces inflammations on the skin and reduces the effects of excessive intoxicants.
Copaiba helps to relieve pain, eliminate inflammation and speed healing.